Welcome to the very first Beauty Battle! This is a new weekly series on the blog. Every Friday I am going to choose my top two products in each step of my makeup/skin care routine and BATTLE them. Similarities, differences, price, Which blends better? Which has better pigment? Leaves my skin looking and feeling better? Stuff like that. Let me know which categories you want me to battle! Also, I would love to know which products you think I should battle……Lets start the first battle. BRONZER!
Butter Bronzer Breakdown:
- Price $14.99
- Matte formula
- .38 oz. of product
- comes in 4 shades.light bronze, bronze, sun kissed bronze, deep bronze
- beach/coconut scent that is strong but not overpowering (personal preference)
- cruelty free
- gluten free
- oil free
- paraben free
- dermatologist approved
- buildable pigment that does not go muddy
- comes with sponge applicator
- not too pigmented on fair skin tones
- warmer tone to it,not best for contour on my skin tone
Benefit Hoola Bronzer:
- Price $30
- matte formula
- .28 oz. of product
- comes in two shades. Hoola and Hoola lite
- no scent
- not cruelty free
- buildable not muddy
- comes with a great sculpting brush that fits nicely in the hollows of my cheeks.
- cooler tone, GREAT as bronzer and contour
Winner: Butter Bronzer
Over all I LOVE and get A LOT of use out of both products. They have both lasted me months without turning in scent or pigment and application. I really see a reason to keep both in my collection. The butter bronzer is a better bang for your buck. For a very similar matte formula bronzer there are more shade options and you get more product for less money! Although it is not the best for using as a contour, the buildable formula is great for natural looks, full glam, and everything in between. I would definitely recommend physicians formula is an affordable but amazing option!
What should I battle next? Let me know!