Makeup is my thing for sure! I am confident and comfortable and have spent a lot of time learning about it. One area I slacked on was skincare…..until recently. If you asked me months ago, I would have told you that I thought soap and water was enough. Even after a full face of makeup I would use a makeup wipe, rinse my face and call it quits….Boy was I wrong. The more I wore makeup. Plus the amount of makeup I applied to my face each day; the more texture and pores became visible. The dryer my T-Zone got. I knew that I needed to make a change. I knew my skin was angry with me and needed help…..A lot of help. I think after 3 months, I have created an awesome and effective routine that has changed and nourished my skin.
Step one: Makeup remover-
- I start by removing any makeup with the simple sensitive skin cleansing wipes ($6)
- I use the clinique take the day off oil ($28) to remove all of my eye and lip makeup. It is a thicker oil formula that leaves my eyes and lips feeling clean but not sticky or greasy.
Step two: Cleanser-
- For a deep cleanse I use my trusted Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel ($8.99) This cleanser feels like my skin went swimming. It has this cooling sensation that sinks deep into my pours.
Step three: Exfoliate-
- Fresh Sugar Face Polish ($62) This brand is AMAZING. By far it is my favorite luxury brand for skin care.It can be found at Sephora. The brown sugar smell is so relaxing and enjoyable while it buffs and smooths my skin.
Step four: Toner-
- Both travel friendly and helpful the pixie glow tonic to-go ($18.00) is the perfect toner in a pad. A quick rub on my face and I am good to go.
Step five: Moisturizer-
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Face Cream ($42) Yup! You guessed it. More Fresh products. This cream glides on the skin and sinks in magically. It smells like fresh citrus and spa in the best way possible. The scent is there but does not linger or over power. This cream is light weight and is packed with vitamins C,E and B5.
- If my skin needs a HUGE dose of moisture I use the Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer ($38) Cactus Water Moisturizer quenches parched and dehydrated skin. Infused with Queen of the Night Cactus. It helps improve moisture levels without the weight of a heavy cream.
Step 6: Eye cream-
- I carry all of my stress and exhaustion in my eyes. I get really deep and dark bags under my eyes. To give them a little love I use the OleHenriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream($38). I truly see an improvement when using this product. Especially the past 3 weeks when my stress level has been significantly increased.
Well that’s it! 6 easy but important steps that have opened my eyes to the importance of and options that the skin care market has. What are your favorite products? Any that you swear by? I would love to try more.