Everybody has those staple makeup items in their collection; but like fashion some products come in and out with the change of season. Once I find a product that works for me, I become loyal to it. It sits front and center in my makeup drawer and I can always count on it to do its job. Sephora, Ulta, Indie brands, Drugstore I love it all!As I am doing My makeup I thought I would take you along and let you in on what is working for me.Summer time is when I focus on a more natural face.I work a lot on the base makeup and do less of the every day full glam with tons of shadow packed on. Here are my makeup face base MVP’s for this Summer.
PAUSE: Before I even start my makeup, I suffer from huge under eye circles. They are always crazy dark. I have a product that never fails to impress. Ladies, We have all had
those mornings after a long cry,or after eating a little too much salt where under your eye looks a little sad. Not anymore! With Skyn Iceland and their hydro cool firming eye gels. This 10 minute eye treatment cools and tones the skin while de-puffing and firming the delicate under eye area. It has been a favorite of mine, because it doesn’t add an extra step to my every day routine. Once or twice a week before my makeup is all it takes! To learn more about Skyn Iceland and their other products click the link below.
- Smashbox photo finish primerizer($42): plumps and moisturizes the skin to create a makeup ready canvas. Great for all skin types. I struggle with combination skin, the summer time really dries me out and this adds a great boost of life to my face in the morning.
- Tarte timeless smoothing primer($39): This whipped feeling, pour filling primer has been a godsend for my T-zone. The smallest amount is all you need, and I have found it best to just press and tap into the
skin with my fingers. Using the smallest amount has really helped justify the price tag for a product I don’t even put on the entire face…..Trust me, you will love it!
- Stila Stay all day Foundation($40): Can you say FULL COVERAGE? On days where I need my makeup to last, or I want an airbrushed flawless look. It blends in seamlessly with a damp sponge and sits on the primer beautifully.
- Wet and Wild Mega Cushion Foundation($8.99): This is the perfect foundation for those “No makeup makeup days” It is a light/medium build-able coverage that hydrates and gives you a little layer of SPF 15.
- Tarte shape tape($27): Are you sick of hearing about this product yet? I hate to beat a dead horse but it is just that great. I pair it over my Stila with a beauty blender and instantly a burst of life is added under my eyes.
- Maybelline age rewind($9.99): This drug store beauty is magic, especially when I need to cover up those dark circles. This is great on natural make up days, but recently I have been pairing this after a skyn iceland gel treatment and it give the most seamless finish.
- Koty Airspun($5.97): No that is NOT a typo. This setting powder really is only 5 dollars at Walmart. The finally milled powder is given an air boost making it the softest and richest powder to set and bake with.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Contour($49): No matter what people say about this brand, THIS PRODUCT WORKS! The pallet comes with 3 different contour/highlight duos that are arranged by undertone. The brightening shades are pretty average, but the contour shades are what shine.I place the medium shade on my temples, jawline, hollows of the cheeks and slightly down the nose. These powders blend with ease and never get muddy on the skin. They sit over top my base without dragging product around and mesh seamlessly.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer($14.95): This is another product that everyone and their mother has heard of, and let me tell you; it’s for good reason. Not only do I feel like I am on vacation as soon as I smell it, but the performance is just as amazing.
- Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Capri Coast($38.00): This warm golden neutral bronzer adds the perfect amount of warmth to the perimimiter of my face without turning orange. Keep In mind I have a light to medium skin tone.
- Milani Cosmetics Baked Blush in Corallina($8): This rich and build-able blush is perfect for every occasion. It is a beautiful peach color with the slightest bit of shimmer in it and it glides and roseys up the cheeks effortlessly.
- color pop super shock highlighter in spoon($8): This light silver champagne with multi-dimensional glitter looks and feels wet to the touch AND on the skin. I have found it applies best with a damp sponge or by tapping it into the skin with your finger.
- Flower beauty Seal the deal hydrating setting spray($13): This spray creates an invisible shield that maintains your makeup while hydrating and protecting your skin from pollution particles. The formula leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth for a flawless healthy looking finish that last all day, and the mist is the most comfortable and refreshing mist I have found.
Well guys there it is. We have finally come to the end of my Summer face base must haves! I hope you guys enjoyed and let me know if you use any of these products as well!